Planning and Research Department has to perform the task of formulation of sectoral proposals of various departments in the UT of Puducherry based on the guidelines issued by the Government of India. This Department has a Regional Office at Karaikal and a Planning Cell in the Office of the Regional Administrators of Mahe as well as Yanam.
The major activities of the Planning and Research Department may broadly be grouped as follows:
- Formulation of Sectoral Proposals and attending all matters connected to NITI Aayog.
- Formulation of Sustainable Development Goals
- Plan Monitoring including PMO Schemes, Centrally Sponsored Schemes, Central Sector Schemes, Flagship Schemes, Negotiated Loan, External Aided Projects and Development Schemes.
- Departmentwise/Sectorwise finalization of Budget Estimate and Revised Estimate for every year.
- Preparation of LG Speech and CM Speech during Budget Session.
- Preparation of Physical Achievements Reports to be submitted to MHA every month.
- Preparation of Socio Economic Indicators data and Citizen Charter.
- Conduct of Developmental Training Programme for the officials of Government of Puducherry.
- All matters connected with Development Banking and matters relating to availing of Negotiated Loan.
- Updation of financial and physical progress of 42 identified development schemes through a Dashboard developed by NITI Aayog.
- Updation of particulars in e-Samiksha and PRGATI portal.
The State Planning Board which is a Non-Statutory Advisory Body, advises the Government regarding Formulation of Development Schemes, Review the implementation of these Schemes, and to advise the Government on matters relating to Economic Development and Policies.
- The Outlay recommended by the State Planning Board is submitted to the Government of India for approval.
- Finalisation of Department-wise outlay and sent to Finance Department for communication to all the departments.
- Evalution of Schemes related to Socio-economic activities.
- Conduct of internship programme
The Plan formulation and Plan Co-ordination units will be strengthened with additional manpower. The Department will also be modernized with latest computer systems and other electronic equipments to increase the efficiency of the organization and for optimum utilization of manpower.
The Branch Office of the Planning and Research Department, Karaikal is the Nodal Department working in co-ordination with the District Collector for the development of Karaikal district which monitor the developmental activities of all the departments in Karaikal and to prioritise and propose the important proposals for Karikal to be included in the Regional Plan Document preparation.
Public Finance Management System:
As per the guidelines of Ministry of Finance, GOI, a State Advisory Group (SAG) to achieve improved financial management processes in the implementation of Central Sector and Central Assistance to State Plans was constituted under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary, GOP vide Office Memorandum dated 01.02.2017. In addition, a State Project Management Unit (SPMU) has also been constituted in this department vide O.M. dt.02.02.2017 to co-ordinate, customize the State Specific requirement, monitoring of implementation and capacity building in states.
UID Implementation Cell
Being the Nodal department for enrolment of Aadhaar in the U.T. of Puducherry, the enrolment centres are monitored periodically and as on 30th June 2018, 12.87 lakh Aadhaar have been generated as against the population of 12.48 lakh, which works out to 103%. To enroll Aadhaar for children (0-5 years) a special camp both in Puducherry and Karaikal region are being organized in Anganwadi centres as well as Government Maternity Hospitals.